If someone had told me how hard it is to grow a business and stick it out...I never would have started. Seriously. I would have thrown my hands up into the air and just said forget about it.
Ignorance is Bliss
Entrepreneurs typically are working towards the big wins. Especially online entrepreneurs. The thing is, big wins happen after years of work. I have a ton of friends who are making great money...after years of working hard, making hardly any money and just believing that what the value or"solutions" that they are providing for their customers will change their customer's lives.
People Aren't Tough
Like they used to be. I'm going to be real and say that most people are uncomfortable with being uncomfortable, with not winning, with working through being dealt a sh$tty hand. Here are some tips on how to build up your business resilience so that you can tough out the hard times.
- Anticipate that there will be tough times-I'm completely baffled by the fact that people act like there won't be tough times in their business. You will fail. And, you will fail more times than you will succeed. It's just how things go.
- Develop a strategy for how you talk about failure-Words matter. How you talk about the the actions that you take that work (and don't) will frame how you will deal with future setbacks. Instead of feeling like you've failed think of every effort as a success. At least you tried!
- Remove emotion from your post project review-What worked and what didn't? Look at the data and then focus on what worked. Data has no emotion, data gives you facts that you can use to work towards better results.
- Give yourself a short amount of time to be PISSED off about your results and then move on. People spend a lot of time dwelling on what didn't work. That's time when you could be working on focused action. Be angry, be sad, cry, and then MOVE ON.
- Ask for help and feedback-I belong to a Mastermind group and they have been a huge part of why I keep working towards my goals. They want me to be successful. Period. They give loving feedback, suggestions, advice, and information on tools. I listen to them because they have my best interests at heart.
The Big Wins Are Coming!
Keep working towards them. Just like everything in life-things change. You may be down in this moment, but, things turn at a drop of a hat. Prepare for and identify opportunities that you can leverage to change your business trajectory.
You've got this!