I'm feeling pretty excited about the upcoming week. After a prolonged delay, I'm in the process of launching my coaching business.
Yep, I am transitioning into coaching after being a bit...reticent...about it. And, I'll tell you why. I spent 10 years advising international students and connecting them with resources, tools, assistance, and helping connect them with a community. It was actually a wonderful fit for my personality because I got to operate in my zone of genius.
I love helping people.
But, like most people, I burnt out. I gave until I could give no more and while I was positioning myself to work on my in my "Zone of Genius" but, online-I hesitated.
What was I afraid of?
- A repeat of the experience from before where I allowed myself to be sucked dry physically and emotionally.
- Imposter Syndrome-This really hurt me last year. I found myself questioning my strengths and focused on my perceived weaknesses. What I didn't realize is that entrepreneurs learn by DOING, by experiencing failure, and by evaluating what worked and what didn't work with a process.
- Wanting to ask for what I know that I'm worth...and getting shot down OR being perceived as not giving enough value to justify what I asked for.
The fears are a very real thing to address but I knew that my skills were needed after seeing report after report about:
- Jobs being lost as entire industries change
- Families wanting to spend more time together but they can't because they can't imagine a different way of creating money.
- People having ideas for online business but having no idea about how to get started.
I finally learned to trust that I had more than enough to share as an entrepreneur. And, that it was time to help other wonderful people change their lives.
I can't wait!
Join me this Saturday, March 4, 2017 during the following webinar:
Leave with the following takeaways:
1.) Discovering your current areas of expertise to use in your future online business
2.) How techie do you REALLY need to be? Not that techie and I'll tell you why.
3.) How long should the preparation process take?
4.) Is there enough work to go around? Really?
5.) Can you start finding clients before starting your business?
There will be a Q & A at the end. I am also opening the doors to my coaching program and I'm SO FREAKING excited to help people live their lives on their own terms.
In the meantime, let me know what you would like to talk about this week!
The Brand of You
Today's podcast talks about "The Brand of You" and how important it is to be true to yourself as you build your personal brand.
All great brands are connected to the founder's story-good, bad, or boring. What's keeping you from owning your story?